In episode 23 of the Impact India podcast, I chat with Arushi Aggarwal of The Initiative, a social enterprise providing sustainable livelihoods to low-income craftspeople through a nationwide platform selling their handcrafted products.
Arushi Aggarwal is a designer for social good, connecting the stories of handmade products and their makers with consumers. Combining handicraft processes and design, with a focus on the consumer experience, Arushi is creating social impact and consumer value through The Initiative.
In this episode, Arushi and I dive into:
- The customer experience of product development and services, from crafts to waste management
- Her experiences working with craftspeople in Mumbai and across India, and the current challenges and opportunities facing the crafts industry
- The challenges of running a retail platform during and post COVID-19
“With the current COVID situation, you either embrace technology or you disappear.”
- Supporting Students and Young Leaders in Building the Future of Travel with Operation Groundswell
- 50 Social Impact Investing Ventures Changing the World Through Finance
- Fairbee Launches Premium Marketplace for Impact Brands and Conscious Consumers
- The JDRF T1D Fund is Using a Combination of Venture Capital and Philanthropy to Drive Cures for Type 1 Diabetes
- 21 Social Good Apps That Make It Simple To Impact The World Everyday
Jazz is one of the leading pioneers of the zero waste travel movement in India and the Director of Content at Causeartist. She is the co-founder of Hara House, India's first zero waste guesthouse, and Director of Hara World, an experiential education and impact travel organization for diverse young changemakers. Jazz is deeply passionate about empowering young people to become confident and knowledgeable leaders for sustainable development, zero waste living, conscious fashion, and responsible travel. She is a co-founder of Sustainable Travel Network, and host of the Impact India podcast.. Connect with Jazz at email@example.com