In Episode 1 of the Disruptors for Good podcast I spoke with Heather Mcdougall, co-founder of Bogobrush.
BogoBrush is rethinking the toothbrush with eco-designed toothbrushes made entirely in the USA. The plastics in almost all toothbrushes are non-recyclable, meaning over 450 million toothbrushes a year in the U.S. alone end up in landfills. These products are either bio-degradable or made from nearly 100% recycled plastic. When you’re done, throw them in your compost or recycle bin—and nature will do its thing.
Listen to more Causeartist podcasts here.
Topics we talk about:
- Why think tanks are important for formulating your idea
- Sustainable materials and sustainable design
- Coffee waste, hemp waste, plastic waste, cotton waste
- China manufacturing/supply chain vs US manufacturing/supply chain
- Raising money for a socially conscious startup
- Equity Crowdfunding vs Venture Capital
- New Bogobrush products coming out
Mentioned in This Episode:
- The UnTours Foundation Launches $10 Million ‘Reset Tourism Fund’ to Support Impact Tourism Startups
- Fairphone raises €49 Million to Scale Fairness and Sustainability in the Electronics Industry
- 12 Organic and Ethical Underwear, Boxers, and Briefs
- 21 Memorable Ethically Sourced Valentine’s Day Gifts
- Citizen Mint: Bridging the Gap Between Private Market Capital and Impact Investments
Grant is the founder of Causeartist, one of the most influential impact business platforms in the world. Since 2013, Causeartist has been read in over 150 countries. Grant has personally interviewed 700+ impact entrepreneurs from around the world, highlighting innovations in ethical fashion, climate change, ethical technology, impact investing, and sustainable travel.