In Episode 1 of the Disruptors for Good podcast I spoke with Heather Mcdougall, co-founder of Bogobrush.
BogoBrush is rethinking the toothbrush with eco-designed toothbrushes made entirely in the USA. The plastics in almost all toothbrushes are non-recyclable, meaning over 450 million toothbrushes a year in the U.S. alone end up in landfills. These products are either bio-degradable or made from nearly 100% recycled plastic. When you’re done, throw them in your compost or recycle bin—and nature will do its thing.
Listen to more Causeartist podcasts here.
Topics we talk about:
- Why think tanks are important for formulating your idea
- Sustainable materials and sustainable design
- Coffee waste, hemp waste, plastic waste, cotton waste
- China manufacturing/supply chain vs US manufacturing/supply chain
- Raising money for a socially conscious startup
- Equity Crowdfunding vs Venture Capital
- New Bogobrush products coming out
Mentioned in This Episode:
- Seaworthy Collective is Empowering Ocean Entrepreneurs From Diverse Backgrounds
- 11 New Orleans Nonprofits and Social Enterprises Making a Difference
- Meet Komrads, the Zero Waste Circular & Sustainable Sneakers
- 6 Eco Friendly Phone Cases for Conscious Consumers
- 13 Organic and Non Toxic Candles for Conscious Consumers
Grant is the founder of Causeartist, one of the most influential impact business platforms in the world. Since 2013, Causeartist has been read in over 150 countries. Grant has personally interviewed 700+ impact entrepreneurs from around the world, highlighting innovations in ethical fashion, climate change, ethical technology, impact investing, and sustainable travel.