In episode 34 of the Disruptors for Good podcast, I speak with Austin Whitman, the CEO of Climate Neutral about combating climate change by putting a price on carbon emissions.
Austin has spent the past 20 years of his career working on early stage environmental markets and technologies, with a dose of policy work along the way. His first venture into carbon offsetting began in grad school with a program he started to sell carbon offsets to his classmates.
He firmly believes that solving the climate crisis demands participation from businesses. Austin has a joint MBA/MEM from Yale and a BA from Dartmouth. Now, as CEO of Climate Neutral, Austin is empowered by enlisting brands in the fight against climate change by showing them that paying for carbon pollution is cheaper and easier than they think.
Climate Neutral is an independent non-profit organization working to accelerate the transition to a low-carbon world by putting a price on carbon emissions. The organization is enlisting brands in the fight against climate change by showing them that measuring and paying for their carbon emissions is cheaper and easier than they think.
- 10 Social Enterprise Accelerators, Fellowships, and Incubators for Social Entrepreneurs
- Climb Hire is Taking an Innovative Approach to Upskilling Overlooked and Hidden Talent
- The ICA Fund is Closing the Gender and Racial Wealth Gap Through Investing in Local Entrepreneurs
- BeFC Biofuel Cells and the Future of Sustainable Batteries
- Meet Fast Forward, the Accelerator Program Helping Tech Nonprofits Scale
Grant is the founder of Causeartist, one of the most influential impact business platforms in the world. Since 2013, Causeartist has been read in over 150 countries. Grant has personally interviewed 700+ impact entrepreneurs from around the world, highlighting innovations in ethical fashion, climate change, ethical technology, impact investing, and sustainable travel.