For more weekly collections from Causeartist, sign up for our newsletter here!
Creating systems that serve everybody requires innovation and intention. Changing inequitable systems requires grit. Impact business leaders are finding ways to address existing and outdated social, environmental, and business structures while creating outside-of-the-box solutions to issues that affect the people and places around them. This week, we share the inspiring guidance, work, and stories of a few of those leaders.
New Article: How to Hire with Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging in Mind
To ensure that your equitable hiring efforts attract and build a workforce that is reflective of the communities you serve is a critical imperative. In this mini guide, you’ll learn the various aspects of diversity recruitment and how important it is to your people management practices.
New Podcast: Building a Support Ecosystem for Individuals Previously Incarcerated
Previously incarcerated individuals often have a tough row to hoe in getting back to regular life. Housing and jobs can be inaccessible, and systems to support these individuals are restricted. Pioneer Human Services is partnering with communities to “reduce the impact of discriminatory mass incarceration and empower people to live safe, healthy, productive lives through inspiration, affirmation and by overturning barriers.” Learn more in this conversation with PHS CEO Karen Lee.
Podcast Episodes You’ll Love
- How ImpactableX uses Data to Power Meaningful Impact at Scale | We speak with Catherine Griffin, founder of ImpactableX, on using data to power meaningful impact at scale.
- EEqual is Developing Powerful Programs to Create Opportunity for Students Fighting Homelessness in America | We speak with Matine Khalighi, Founder of EEqual, on developing impactful programs that create opportunities for students fighting homelessness and extreme poverty in America.
Leading the Way
Learn more about how innovative investors are funneling capital into underrepresented communities from Dr. Angela Jackson, managing partner at New Profit, here.
What’s Inspiring Us
- Can Business Leaders Help Build an Equitable Society? (SOCAP) | Corporate leaders across the nation are making bold commitments in response to increased demand from the public to lead on addressing structural racism. But commitments are not enough.
- Why This Asian American Founder Is Speaking Out About Bias (Inc.) | Steph Speirs, co-founder and CEO of solar energy startup Solstice, on why she used to ignore racist and sexist comments, and what changed.
- Forced Labor Is Embedded in Supply Chains. Here’s How to Root it Out (Fast Company) | The United States has the world’s strongest laws against forced labor in supply chains. What’s preventing U.S. businesses from eradicating it from their products once and for all?
- Webinar: Long Termism – Lasting Strategies That Work for Business Leaders Who Think Big | June 24 | Hosted by Conscious Capitalism, this 1-hour virtual event features Eric Ries, the founder and CEO of Long-Term Stock Exchange, discussing what leaders can do to institutionalize their long-term intentions.
- SPECTRUM21 Virtual: Color of Money | September 22 | A half-day event on the importance of finance and race with a range of conversations focused on the need to diversify fund managers, a call for more investment in Black and Brown entrepreneurs and closing the wealth gap.
- Sustainable Brands 2021 | October 18-21 | Taking place in San Diego, SB’21 offers inspiration, resources, and guidance toward unlocking the power of regenerative business.
Product of the Week: KUROS Pepper Spray
KUROS provides women an opportunity to take their protection and their lives into their own hands. With every KUROS product sold, pepper spray is distributed to a woman who could not otherwise afford it.
Causeartist is a multi media company spotlighting impact entrepreneurs, impact startups, and corporate social responsibility.