In Episode 10 of the Disruptors for Good podcast I speak with Ben Conard, the Founder and CEO of Five North Chocolate, a fair trade chocolate company driving positive economic impact to marginalized farmers, artisans, and producers in the developing world.
As an advocate for fair trade, Ben has worked with businesses and organizations locally, nationally, and internationally to drive positive economic impact to marginalized farmers, artisans, and producers in the developing world. For his work in the movement, Fairtrade International named Ben one of 2016’s Top 10 Biggest Fair Trade Advocates in the World and #1 in the U.S. He was also named to our Social Entrepreneurs to Watch For in 2019 feature. His passion for fair trade has taken him on the TEDx stage and on-the-ground to fair trade farms in Ecuador and artisan workshops in India.
Dedicated to great taste, consumer health, and sustainable sourcing, he founded Five North Chocolate, an award winning, Certified LGBT Business Enterprise® supporting cacao farmers around the world by creating deliciously nutritious, Fair Trade Certified™ chocolate snacks. Five North is proud to celebrate diversity and is the first brand ever to feature the National LGBT Chamber of Commerce seal on a packaged good. Ben has shared his chocolate with President Clinton, Chelsea Clinton, and famous designer + philanthropist Donna Karan.
- GiveCrypto is Financially Empowering the Impoverished and Unbanked Around the World
- A Conversation with Anheuser-Busch InBev on Changing Social Norms and Eliminating Harmful Drinking
- MycoWorks has Developed Natural Alternatives to Leather and Plastics using Mushroom Mycelium Technology
- MODHER Is Pushing the Limits of Eco-Friendly Fashion with Its New Sustainable Handbag Line
- The Hidden Genius Project Prepares Black Male Youth to Participate in the Global Tech Economy
Grant is the founder of Causeartist, one of the most influential impact business platforms in the world. Since 2013, Causeartist has been read in over 200 countries. Grant has personally interviewed over 600 impact entrepreneurs from around the world, highlighting innovations in ethical fashion, climate change, ethical technology, impact investing, and sustainable travel.