In Episode 5 of the Disruptors for Good podcast I speak with Steve Larosiliere, co-founder of Stoked, an adventure sport nonprofit using action sports to reach teens in some of the most vulnerable areas.
Listen to more Causeartist podcasts here.
For those who don’t know who STOKED is prepare to be excited. They are one of the most innovative non-profits in America using action sports to reach teens in some of the most vulnerable areas. The mission of STOKED is to provide inspiration to teens through riding a wave, building a skateboard, and skiing down amazing mountains.
STOKED looked at the opportunity gap for low income children and wanted to find something to fill that void. Most kids from single parent households lack a role model and have minimal hopes of attending college. STOKED comes into the picture to provide a community of mentors, after school programs, and inspirational experiences that open up the world to these kids.
- The Importance of Website Design for Early Stage Nonprofits and Social Enterprises
- Meet Colive, a Food Startup Created in a Conflict Zone to Address Peacekeeping Through Business
- 40 Social Entrepreneurs to Watch for in 2022
- Company Ventures is Building a Community of New York City Founders Seeking to Create With Purpose
- SoLo Funds is Building an Innovative FinTech Company for Underserved Communities
Grant is the founder of Causeartist, one of the most influential impact business platforms in the world. Since 2013, Causeartist has been read in over 150 countries. Grant has personally interviewed 700+ impact entrepreneurs from around the world, highlighting innovations in ethical fashion, climate change, ethical technology, impact investing, and sustainable travel.