In Episode 5 of the Disruptors for Good podcast I speak with Steve Larosiliere, co-founder of Stoked, an adventure sport nonprofit using action sports to reach teens in some of the most vulnerable areas.
For those who don’t know who STOKED is prepare to be excited. They are one of the most innovative non-profits in America using action sports to reach teens in some of the most vulnerable areas. The mission of STOKED is to provide inspiration to teens through riding a wave, building a skateboard, and skiing down amazing mountains.
STOKED looked at the opportunity gap for low income children and wanted to find something to fill that void. Most kids from single parent households lack a role model and have minimal hopes of attending college. STOKED comes into the picture to provide a community of mentors, after school programs, and inspirational experiences that open up the world to these kids.
- Socially Responsible Products You Can Buy at Target
- 6 Ethical and Sustainable Pet Products You and Your Furry Friend Will Adore
- These 6 Ethical Fashion and Lifestyle Brands Are the Future of Style and Luxury
- 3 Things You Might Not Know About Fast Fashion
- Causeartist and Bark Media Team Up to Expand Coverage for the Social Impact Business Sector
Founder of Causeartist and Impact Recipe // Social Entrepreneur