In Episode 5 of the Disruptors for Good podcast I speak with Steve Larosiliere, co-founder of Stoked, an adventure sport nonprofit using action sports to reach teens in some of the most vulnerable areas.
Listen to more Causeartist podcasts here.
For those who don’t know who STOKED is prepare to be excited. They are one of the most innovative non-profits in America using action sports to reach teens in some of the most vulnerable areas. The mission of STOKED is to provide inspiration to teens through riding a wave, building a skateboard, and skiing down amazing mountains.
STOKED looked at the opportunity gap for low income children and wanted to find something to fill that void. Most kids from single parent households lack a role model and have minimal hopes of attending college. STOKED comes into the picture to provide a community of mentors, after school programs, and inspirational experiences that open up the world to these kids.
- NOLEJ Raises $3.2M to Propel Teacher-First AI Across Classrooms
- 8 Crowdfunding Tips for Social Entrepreneurs
- Exploring Climatize’s Role in Shaping the Future of Renewable Investments
- ClimateCrete Raises $3.3 Million to Revolutionize Concrete Production
- Diagram Launches $60 Million Fund to Drive Innovation in ClimateTech