In Episode 1 of the Impact India podcast, I meet with Kriti Tula, founder of India’s first zero waste fashion brand Doodlage, at Cafe Inside Stories in New Delhi.
Doodlage creates pieces from textile waste and materials found, therefore hunting for material first, and entering the design process second. This is how Doodlage pieces come to life. The team inspires everyone to get creative too, including their tailors and labour workers to instill a love and responsibility for ethical design and production. Now in over 40 stores across India, it’s super exciting to see such an innovative brand spreading so quickly in a country where global production is priority, and western culture and influence has taken over.
Tune in to hear:
- How travel has inspired her vision for a circular industry in India
- How mass consumerism has impacted India’s fashion industry
- Kriti’s insight into how the fashion industry has become so unsustainable, linking back to cultural norms of traditional India
- Supporting Students and Young Leaders in Building the Future of Travel with Operation Groundswell
- 50 Social Impact Investing Ventures Changing the World Through Finance
- Fairbee Launches Premium Marketplace for Impact Brands and Conscious Consumers
- The JDRF T1D Fund is Using a Combination of Venture Capital and Philanthropy to Drive Cures for Type 1 Diabetes
- 21 Social Good Apps That Make It Simple To Impact The World Everyday
Jazz is one of the leading pioneers of the zero waste travel movement in India and the Director of Content at Causeartist. She is the co-founder of Hara House, India's first zero waste guesthouse, and Director of Hara World, an experiential education and impact travel organization for diverse young changemakers. Jazz is deeply passionate about empowering young people to become confident and knowledgeable leaders for sustainable development, zero waste living, conscious fashion, and responsible travel. She is a co-founder of Sustainable Travel Network, and host of the Impact India podcast.. Connect with Jazz at firstname.lastname@example.org