In Episode 1 of the Disruptors for Good podcast I spoke with Heather Mcdougall, co-founder of Bogobrush.
BogoBrush is rethinking the toothbrush with eco-designed toothbrushes made entirely in the USA. The plastics in almost all toothbrushes are non-recyclable, meaning over 450 million toothbrushes a year in the U.S. alone end up in landfills. These products are either bio-degradable or made from nearly 100% recycled plastic. When you’re done, throw them in your compost or recycle bin—and nature will do its thing.
Topics we talk about:
- Why think tanks are important for formulating your idea
- Sustainable materials and sustainable design
- Coffee waste, hemp waste, plastic waste, cotton waste
- China manufacturing/supply chain vs US manufacturing/supply chain
- Raising money for a socially conscious startup
- Equity Crowdfunding vs Venture Capital
- New Bogobrush products coming out
Mentioned in This Episode:
- Meet the Sustainable Cooler Startup Leading the Transition From Plastic Foam to Natural Fiber Packaging
- Retirement Planning, ESG Investing, & Mental Health Awareness
- Meet Steward, the Innovative Online Lending Platform Helping Fund the Growth of Regenerative Agriculture
- ESG & the Transformation of Business Education in the Fashion Industry
- 5 Ethical Coffee Brands You Can Shop Online
Grant is the founder of Causeartist, one of the most influential impact business platforms in the world. Since 2013, Causeartist has been read in over 200 countries. Grant has personally interviewed over 600 impact entrepreneurs from around the world, highlighting innovations in ethical fashion, climate change, ethical technology, impact investing, and sustainable travel.