For more weekly collections from Causeartist, sign up for our newsletter here!
When was the last time you felt deeply moved? Was it when you were listening to a beautiful song? Maybe it was while watching an inspiring film or eating a delicious meal? Art enters our lives via nearly limitless vehicles, and it has the potential to inspire and change us in truly unique ways. This week, we explore how art influences social change, and some of the leaders of creative movements.
Podcast: Lecrae on Using Music, Writing, Activism, and Venture Capital to Inspire Local Communities
Lecrae, a multiple-Grammy-award winner and New York Times best-selling author, has evolved from primarily being an artist into an entrepreneur, speaker, activist, thought leader, and philanthropist. Lecrae now influences millions with his socially conscious message and transcendent sound, positioning himself as a catalyst for restoration in faith, community activism, music, and pop culture.
Movie Night: Stream These 6 Films About Social Impact
Pop some popcorn and settle in. This list of films truly has something for everybody.
Podcast Episodes You’ll Love
- How University Impact Uses Donor Advised Funds to Innovate and Scale Impact Investing | We speak with Daniel Blake and Joellen Nicholson, Managing Directors of University Impact, on using Donor Advised Funds (DAF) to innovate and scale impact investing.
- TechLeap is Connecting Startups, Investors, and Community Builders to Create a Thriving Dutch Startup Ecosystem | We speak with Prince Constantijn Van Oranje, Special Envoy for TechLeap, on connecting startups, investors and community builders to create a thriving Dutch startup ecosystem.
Leading the Way
Learn more about how Our Own is building and strengthening communities through consistent, life-changing experiences from Dustin Young, Co-founder of Our Own, here.
What’s Inspiring Us
- 6 Tips That Will Help You Work Better Using Art Activities (even if you can’t draw) (Fast Company) | Art is a powerful yet underestimated tool that bypasses the traps of the rational mind and allows us to access our creative genius.
- Q&A: Miguel On His Role In Immersive Art Experience Undercurrent And Fighting For Change (Forbes) | Miguel is one of several musicians, including Bon Iver, lending their artistic sensibility to ‘Undercurrent,’ a new immersive experience opening in Brooklyn this September.
- 6 B Corps Supporting Global Artisans (B the Change) | Instead of invisible creators, the companies on this list highlight and uplift the artisans who craft the products they sell.
- Social Impact Summer Connector | July 29 | Be Social Change’s annual online facilitated networking party, connecting purpose-driven professionals driving impact around the world.
- SPECTRUM21 Virtual: Color of Money | September 22 | A half-day event on the importance of finance and race with a range of conversations focused on the need to diversify fund managers, a call for more investment in Black and Brown entrepreneurs and closing the wealth gap.
- Sustainable Brands 2021 | October 18-21 | Taking place in San Diego, SB’21 offers inspiration, resources, and guidance toward unlocking the power of regenerative business.
Product of the Week: Ethnotek Backpacks
Ethnotek’s backpacks are as beautiful and unique as they are practical. Every purchase sustains the collaboration of hand printing, weaving and embroidery with Ethnotek’s partnering artisan villages in Ghana, Guatemala, India, Indonesia and Vietnam.
Causeartist is a multi media company spotlighting impact entrepreneurs, impact startups, and corporate social responsibility.