In Episode 18 of the Disruptors for Good podcast I speak with Seungah Jeong, CEO of MPOWERD and John Salzinger, Co-founder of MPOWERD on creating affordable and accessible clean energy for all humanity.
It is estimated that three billion people around the world don’t have access to adequate electricity! Seeing this as an amazing opportunity, in 2012, MPOWERD created the innovative Luci light. The light became the first inflatable solar light with the goal of making an affordable clean energy product that people could use in any situation. Billions of people around the world use toxic and expensive kerosene lamps for light. MPOWERD created the Luci to not only be portable, but also clean and safe.
Seungah Jeong(CEO) has spent her career shaping global companies and accelerating growth through dynamic market strategies. With two decades of CPG experience at the helm of multi-million dollar businesses and start-ups alike, Seungah builds disruptive, category-leading brands through innovation and strong team leadership.
John Salzinger(Co-founder) is native New Yorker and born entrepreneur, John co-founded MPOWERD with the idea that innovative companies have a responsibility to lead – not only in the marketplace, but as a real force for good. He launched and managed several global media, tech and finance companies before starting MPOWERD, where he’s been a guiding force behind pretty much every aspect of the company’s strategy.
To date, we have impacted over 3m lives and 500,000 US tons of CO2 have been averted through these organizations alone.MPOWERED Founder John Salzinger
Subscribe to the Disrupters for Good podcast.
- How to Create a Profitable, Organic, and Fair Trade Coffee Company with the Founder of Dean’s Beans
- Athari Group Launches a Free Global Accelerator for Idea-Stage Nonprofits
- Fair Trade Skin Care: How Shea Yeleen Offers Five Times Ghana’s Minimum Wage to Women-Owned Cooperatives
- How the Future of Sustainable Mineral Exploration will Power the Electric Vehicle Revolution
- Meet the World’s First Green Digital Asset, a Carbon Credit-Backed Token
Founder of Causeartist and Impact Recipe // Social Entrepreneur