Chami Akmeemana is the CEO of Blockchain Learning Group and Convergence. He is a Blockchain and AI Specialist. He pursued a Ph.D. in Bioceramic Engineering at Queen Mary, University of London, until deciding to forgo an academic career in favor of Law Enforcement. In 2002, he joined London’s Metropolitan Police.
His current company, Convergence, has successful deployed several blockchain projects in the developing world to connect individuals to simple human rights and create new businesses in areas never thought possible.
Chami and his team has deployed blockchain to help farmers in Mongolia deliver sustainable cashmere, helped individuals identify there land rights in India, and has been tapped by the United Nations to help collaborate around the use of blockchain to dig deeper into climate intelligence to support climate action.
Chami has had 4 successful exits over the last decade and is passionate about the intersection of technology, business and social good. His experience includes serving as Director of Regulatory and Government Affairs at ConsenSys Inc; Fintech Advisor to the Ontario Securities Commission; Managing Director, Fintech and Blockchain at the Global Risk Institute; and Regulatory Advisor to the Republic of Liberland.
- Athari Group Launches a Free Global Accelerator for Idea-Stage Nonprofits
- Fair Trade Skin Care: How Shea Yeleen Offers Five Times Ghana’s Minimum Wage to Women-Owned Cooperatives
- How the Future of Sustainable Mineral Exploration will Power the Electric Vehicle Revolution
- Meet the World’s First Green Digital Asset, a Carbon Credit-Backed Token
- Investment Banker Turned Social Entrepreneur Left his Career to Design Innovative Clothing for Cancer Patients
Founder of Causeartist and Impact Recipe // Social Entrepreneur