For more weekly collections from Causeartist, sign up for our newsletter here!
It’s so easy to walk through our everyday lives without thinking about the broader implications of our decisions. In fact, many of our systems are designed to make the least-ethical choices the easiest. That’s something impact entrepreneurs are working on every day: making the best choices simple and accessible.
This week, we’re giving you a boost on the ethical-shopping front. Use our guides below to …
- … buy pet products that respect society and the planet the way your pets respect you (unless a squirrel is within shouting distance, of course).
- … shop at your ever-seductive Target store while keeping your purchases in-line with your values.
New Article: 6 Ethical Pet Products You and Your Furry Friend Will Adore
A cute-as-can-be durable plush toy. Matching hoodies for you + your pup. A convertible pet bed that does it all. These ethical and sustainable finds will help you and your bestie get spiffed, romp, and relax on a whole new level.
Socially Responsible Products You Can Buy at Target
Raise your hand if Target is your happy place. ✋ Make it even happier by knowing how and where to find the coolest, most responsible products on Target’s shelves. With these simple swaps and recommendations, you’ll be practically skipping by the time you reach the check-out line.
Podcast Episodes You’ll Love
- Clean Cause is Disrupting the Beverage Industry While Supporting Individuals in Recovery | We speak with Wes Hurt, founder of Clean Cause, on facing addiction, becoming sober, and building a company that gives 50% of profits every month to support individuals in recovery.
- How the Media Development Investment Fund Empowers Global Independent Media Companies | We speak with Harlan Mandel, CEO of Media Development Investment Fund, on investing in independent media companies in countries where access to free and independent press are under threat.
Leading the Way
Learn more about business as a vehicle for positive social, economic and ecological change from Dean Cycon, founder of Dean’s Beans, here.
What’s Inspiring Us
- Plant-Based Plastic Inspired by Spider Silk (Fast Company) | It’s both durable and strong, but also easily breaks down in nature — unlike some other “compostable” plastics.
- 8 Natural & Cruelty-Free Sunscreens For Flawless Summer Skin (The Good Trade) | These cruelty-free sunscreen brands do not test their sunscreens on animals and many of them use vegan, natural ingredients that are good for you and good for the Earth.
- Plant-Based Foods Are Our Future, and Entrepreneurs Are Helping Us Make the Shift (B the Change) | “Aloha’s products have to be as perfect as possible and taste amazing with a texture that consumers will keep coming back to—making it easy to make healthy eating a habit—or we aren’t doing our job right.”
- Webinar: Long Termism – Lasting Strategies That Work for Business Leaders Who Think Big | June 24 | Hosted by Conscious Capitalism, this 1-hour virtual event features Eric Ries, the founder and CEO of Long-Term Stock Exchange, discussing what leaders can do to institutionalize their long-term intentions.
- SPECTRUM21 Virtual: Color of Money | September 22 | A half-day event on the importance of finance and race with a range of conversations focused on the need to diversify fund managers, a call for more investment in Black and Brown entrepreneurs and closing the wealth gap.
- Sustainable Brands 2021 | October 18-21 | Taking place in San Diego, SB’21 offers inspiration, resources, and guidance toward unlocking the power of regenerative business.
Product of the Week: LSTN Headphones
Headphones from LSTN are uniquely beautiful, but the impact from their sales is even more impressive. LSTN partners with Starkey Hearing Foundation to give hearing aids to those in need across the globe.
Causeartist is a multi media company spotlighting impact entrepreneurs, impact startups, and corporate social responsibility.