In episode 9 of the Impact India podcast, I connect with Richa Malik, founder of The Happy Turtle, a DIPP recognised, boot-strapped start-up working towards reducing plastic consumption. They have created the world’s FIRST Plastic Footprint Calculator For Businesses, equipped to assess any business premise on their annual plastic consumption of disposable and reusable plastics.
Richa is an Engineer and XLRI MBA, that later went into sales and marketing, then became a Diving Instructor and Eco-Entrepreneur. She’s the perfect example of a millennial eco-warrior – she’s the master of everything!
In this episode, Richa dives into how one turtle’s story inspired the launch of her start-up, the epidemic of greenwashing on consumers, and what’s needed from consumers and the government to move forward with proper and sustainable waste management.
Tune in to learn:
- How your organization can reduce its plastic consumption
- What the “burn test” means for identifying plastic vs. biodegradable products
- How waste management is collected and sorted in Delhi (and what our responsibility is as consumers!)
Begin your journey to reducing plastic consumption with FREE personalized tips with The Happy Turtle’s Plastic Footprint Calculator.
- Supporting Students and Young Leaders in Building the Future of Travel with Operation Groundswell
- 50 Social Impact Investing Ventures Changing the World Through Finance
- Fairbee Launches Premium Marketplace for Impact Brands and Conscious Consumers
- The JDRF T1D Fund is Using a Combination of Venture Capital and Philanthropy to Drive Cures for Type 1 Diabetes
- 21 Social Good Apps That Make It Simple To Impact The World Everyday
Jazz is one of the leading pioneers of the zero waste travel movement in India and the Director of Content at Causeartist. She is the co-founder of Hara House, India's first zero waste guesthouse, and Director of Hara World, an experiential education and impact travel organization for diverse young changemakers. Jazz is deeply passionate about empowering young people to become confident and knowledgeable leaders for sustainable development, zero waste living, conscious fashion, and responsible travel. She is a co-founder of Sustainable Travel Network, and host of the Impact India podcast.. Connect with Jazz at firstname.lastname@example.org