In episode 27 of the Impact India podcast, I chat with Nidhi Lodha of June, a homegrown brand reviving the crafts of Gujarat by making wearable art.
Nidhi is a copywriter by profession with a passion for working with textiles and colors. After her short stint in advertising in Mumbai, she returned home to Gujarat to specialize in working with Kutch handwork.
This led to the launch of June. June is led by a team of female artisans reviving Kutch handicrafts, native to Gujarat. The team uses vintage and contemporary materials—from old coins and mirrors, to shells and bharat handwork—to create unique and beautiful accessory collections.
In this episode, Nidhi and I dive into:
- The challenges of wearing too many hats in your business
- How she ensures her team always has work, by partnering with like-minded brands that her team can also lend their skills to
- The need to connect more meaningfully with the items we buy
- How June is supporting the wild elephants of India
“Creativity needs its own space to breathe.”
Listen to more Causeartist podcast here.
- How to Create a Profitable, Organic, and Fair Trade Coffee Company with the Founder of Dean’s Beans
- Athari Group Launches a Free Global Accelerator for Idea-Stage Nonprofits
- Fair Trade Skin Care: How Shea Yeleen Offers Five Times Ghana’s Minimum Wage to Women-Owned Cooperatives
- How the Future of Sustainable Mineral Exploration will Power the Electric Vehicle Revolution
- Meet the World’s First Green Digital Asset, a Carbon Credit-Backed Token
Causeartist is a multi media company spotlighting impact entrepreneurs, impact startups, and corporate social responsibility.