In this bonus episode I chat with James Duft and Jessica Kellner, co-founders of Bark Media, about our new impact business partnership and the future of the Causeartist platform.
James Duft: With 15 years of experience in the world of national event and magazine media, James is a whiz at networking, partnership development, and operations and logistics. Among his greatest hits: creating the multimillion-dollar event series, Mother Earth News Fairs; partnering with UC Berkeley to host a beneficial business gala with speakers including Deval Patrick, former governor of Massachusetts, and Jostein Solheim, CEO of Ben & Jerry’s; and helping produce large-scale music events.
Jessica Kellner: Jessica has more than a decade of experience in content creation and brand management, attracting vast audiences of enthusiastic print, online and social media readers in an array of niches. Most recently, she was the founding editor of Mother Earth Living, a national natural wellness magazine that’s amassed hundreds of thousands of print readers and a social media universe that includes more than 2 million fans. She’s also the author of Housing Reclaimed: Sustainable Homes for Next to Nothing.
My passion for Causeartist and the Causeartist community has spanned nearly 10 years. Even though I’ve been at this for a while, I’m more excited about the people and stories that occupy this space than ever before. The impact business world is only getting larger and louder — in the best way possible — and I’m excited to watch Causeartist grow right along with it.
Today, I’m excited to announce the relaunch of Causeartist. I’ve reached an inflection point with the brand: A solid foundation has been established, and with the right individuals on my team, I can see nearly endless opportunities for enhanced storytelling, a broader community of friends and partners, and a greater influence on the impact business movement. I believe I’ve found the right team, and we’re already progressing toward a bigger, better Causeartist.
What does our relaunch entail? Here are some of the projects we’ve got in the works:
- First, you can check out this page to learn more about the expanded Causeartist team. These are media experts I’ve been collaborating with for years, and they couldn’t be a better fit for this important work. Our latest podcast (above) features two of them, and you should tune in for that one to hear more about what we’re working on together.
- With our new and improved news submission page, we welcome you to send story ideas our way. We’ll also be consistently seeking ongoing contributors. If you’re interested in joining our contributor network, learn about the process here.
- We’re building out a Causeartist editorial advisory committee — including business and thought leaders from various backgrounds and impact business sectors — to bring new ideas and diverse perspectives to the table as we plan our content. Our first two committee members:
- John Montgomery: One of leading legal minds behind California’s benefit corporation legislation, John’s career has centered on counseling startups and emerging growth companies with a triple bottom line in mind. He currently runs Lex Ultima.
- Kate Byrne: A media-strategy veteran, Kate held executive positions at BusinessWeek, Inc., and Fast Company, served as President of SOCAP, and has recently joined the team at Katapult.
- We’re accelerating our content production and made tweaks to design elements across our web, email, and social media entities. Make sure to follow us in all of these places to see what we’ve been working on!
- We’re also expanding our brand partnership offerings, with a really cool project kicking off this year: the Causeartist Collective. Stay tuned for more details soon.
To celebrate our relaunch, we partnered with six amazing impact brands to arrange an amazing giveaway. Learn how you can enter to win $900 worth of the coolest ethical products here.
We hope you know that none of what we do would be possible without you. Your support of Causeartist is invaluable, and your ideas are, too. If you have a few minutes, we invite you to hop in and complete this survey, which will help us deliver the best content to you in the best way.
Thanks for being here. Onward and upward!
Grant Trahant Founder of Causeartist
- Socially Responsible Products You Can Buy at Target
- 6 Ethical and Sustainable Pet Products You and Your Furry Friend Will Adore
- These 6 Ethical Fashion and Lifestyle Brands Are the Future of Style and Luxury
- 3 Things You Might Not Know About Fast Fashion
- Causeartist and Bark Media Team Up to Expand Coverage for the Social Impact Business Sector
Founder of Causeartist and Impact Recipe // Social Entrepreneur