In episode 67 of the Disruptors for GOOD podcast, I speak with Chris Brown, founder of Venture Legal on disrupting the traditional law firm structure and creating a modern law firm that focuses on helping freelancers, startups, and small businesses.
Chris made my entrepreneurial jump in 2013 when he resigned from a mid-size Kansas City law firm and became a full-time entrepreneur. Today he spends his time representing Kansas City startups, freelancers, and small businesses through Venture Legal and building Contract Canvas, a digital-contract platform for creative professionals.
Most entrepreneurs and freelancers complain that law firms are out of date and can’t keep up with modern business trends. That’s why Chris designed Venture Legal to run more like a business and less like a traditional law firm. The pricing is transparent and he uses fixed-fee, project based billing whenever possible. He also uses the same tools as you: Dropbox, Asana, G Suite, DocuSign, Xero, Stripe, and more.
Listen to more Causeartist podcasts here.
- The UnTours Foundation Launches $10 Million ‘Reset Tourism Fund’ to Support Impact Tourism Startups
- Fairphone raises €49 Million to Scale Fairness and Sustainability in the Electronics Industry
- 12 Organic and Ethical Underwear, Boxers, and Briefs
- 21 Memorable Ethically Sourced Valentine’s Day Gifts
- Citizen Mint: Bridging the Gap Between Private Market Capital and Impact Investments
Grant is the founder of Causeartist, one of the most influential impact business platforms in the world. Since 2013, Causeartist has been read in over 150 countries. Grant has personally interviewed 700+ impact entrepreneurs from around the world, highlighting innovations in ethical fashion, climate change, ethical technology, impact investing, and sustainable travel.