In episode 67 of the Disruptors for GOOD podcast, I speak with Chris Brown, founder of Venture Legal on disrupting the traditional law firm structure and creating a modern law firm that focuses on helping freelancers, startups, and small businesses.
Chris made my entrepreneurial jump in 2013 when he resigned from a mid-size Kansas City law firm and became a full-time entrepreneur. Today he spends his time representing Kansas City startups, freelancers, and small businesses through Venture Legal and building Contract Canvas, a digital-contract platform for creative professionals.
Most entrepreneurs and freelancers complain that law firms are out of date and can’t keep up with modern business trends. That’s why Chris designed Venture Legal to run more like a business and less like a traditional law firm. The pricing is transparent and he uses fixed-fee, project based billing whenever possible. He also uses the same tools as you: Dropbox, Asana, G Suite, DocuSign, Xero, Stripe, and more.
Listen to more Causeartist podcasts here.
- What is a Social Enterprise? The New Wave of Business for Good
- What is Fair Trade Coffee? A Beginners Guide for Better Purchasing
- 10 Carbon Capture Technology Ventures Working to Combat Climate Change
- Meteor Tutors has Created a Safe and Innovative Solution for Music and Language Online Tutoring
- Hasten Ventures on Developing Large Scale Ecosystem Regeneration Projects
Grant is the founder of Causeartist, one of the most influential impact business platforms in the world. Since 2013, Causeartist has been read in over 150 countries. Grant has personally interviewed 700+ impact entrepreneurs from around the world, highlighting innovations in ethical fashion, climate change, ethical technology, impact investing, and sustainable travel.