In episode 24 of the Impact India podcast, I chat with Jitna Bhagani, founder of Shakti.ism and she will survive.
Shakti.ism is a nonprofit social enterprise that empowers and employs disadvantaged women in India. She will survive is a global gender-equality advocacy project that provides resources to women around the world facing gender-based violence.
Jitna is a survivor of sexual violence. Her lived experiences and knowledge of eradicating gender-based violence has led her down a unique journey in navigating her trauma, and healing herself by building platforms that empower marginalized women and survivors of violence.
In this episode, Jitna and I dive into:
- The systemic issues that perpetuate gender-based violence
- How technology is changing the way we empower marginalized communities
- How she launched her social enterprise during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Addressing gender-based violence with young children
Learn how you can play a role in eradicating gender-based violence in this follow-up article by Jitna on our sister platform, Curated Consciously.
“The more you normalize these topics, the less stigma will be around them”
- Meet the Sustainable Cooler Startup Leading the Transition From Plastic Foam to Natural Fiber Packaging
- Retirement Planning, ESG Investing, & Mental Health Awareness
- Meet Steward, the Innovative Online Lending Platform Helping Fund the Growth of Regenerative Agriculture
- ESG & the Transformation of Business Education in the Fashion Industry
- 5 Ethical Coffee Brands You Can Shop Online
Jazz is one of the leading pioneers of the zero waste travel movement in India and the Director of Content at Causeartist. She is the co-founder of Hara House, India's first zero waste guesthouse, and Director of Hara World, an experiential education and impact travel organization for diverse young changemakers. Jazz is deeply passionate about empowering young people to become confident and knowledgeable leaders for sustainable development, zero waste living, conscious fashion, and responsible travel. She is a co-founder of Sustainable Travel Network, and host of the Impact India podcast.. Connect with Jazz at firstname.lastname@example.org