Over the past 2.5 decades he has invested in real estate, nightlife, technology and wellness. He left the mainland over a decade ago to work on a retreat center in Maui called Lumeria, working there on his own emotional intelligence (Ei) while continuing to invest in and guide startups.
Through his family venture fund Reinmkr Satsang and his holding company Orthogonal Thinker Inc., David put the first checks into companies such as Betterment🦄, Vidyard🦄, InstantCab Ridecell🦄, Wefunder, June Software TaptoLearn, Talkable, Aisle50, TutorSpree, OrangeFund2, Quartzy, Ridejoy, GazeHawk, RealCrowd, InvoiceASAP, Meadow, Mellows, ConfidentCannabis, FOBO Yardsale, BlockRx, SericaPay, Solti, AdStage, Arcview Capital and more.
He has personally incubated companies through Orthogonal Thinker like SuryaSpa, KitchenNation, MauiRaw, Randy’s Remedy, EI.Ventures, and Pure Mushrooms.
Orthogonal holds secondary shares in anchor companies such as Airbnb, Republic, and Equipment Share.
Over this last decade, David has become hyper-focused on his two children who live on Hawaii, and on his current role as Executive Chairman of Orthogonal Thinker Inc, which encompasses all of David’s family’s holdings.
His latest journey, Emotional Intelligence Ventures, is focused on creating the new standard of mental wellness through developing novel psychedelic therapeutics, medicinal mushroom formulations, and unique treatment protocols and delivery mechanisms.
Listen to more Causeartist podcasts here.
- Athari Group Launches a Free Global Accelerator for Idea-Stage Nonprofits
- Fair Trade Skin Care: How Shea Yeleen Offers Five Times Ghana’s Minimum Wage to Women-Owned Cooperatives
- How the Future of Sustainable Mineral Exploration will Power the Electric Vehicle Revolution
- Meet the World’s First Green Digital Asset, a Carbon Credit-Backed Token
- Investment Banker Turned Social Entrepreneur Left his Career to Design Innovative Clothing for Cancer Patients
Causeartist is a multi media company spotlighting impact entrepreneurs, impact startups, and corporate social responsibility.