For more weekly collections from Causeartist, sign up for our newsletter here!
In the overwhelming world of business ownership, having the right tools for success at your fingertips can be a game-changer. This week, we have the opportunity to share some incredible tools for entrepreneurs to increase their venture’s positive impact. If you’re in the media space (or even if you’re just a reader, viewer, or listener), check out our recent interview with some of the folks at MTV Entertainment Group, who have taken what they’ve learned from research on mental health representation in the media and launched a couple initiatives that brands of all kinds can learn from and support.
Article: 10 Simple Tools Entrepreneurs Can Use to Make a Positive Impact
For entrepreneurs and founders just getting their businesses off the ground, searching for ways to make a positive impact on people and the planet can feel daunting. You may often feel like meaningful impact projects are time consuming and impede your ability to focus on your own work. Luckily, as the sector of corporate social responsibility (CSR) continues to grow, many companies and organizations are creating innovative tools that enable you to advance positive change with relative ease.
Trending: MTV Is Changing the Way Mental Health Is Portrayed in the Media
“[The] report looked at the representation of mental health conditions across the top-rated films and TV shows of the prior year. Perhaps unsurprisingly, it found that not only were mental health conditions underrepresented, but when they were represented, it was in a way that, in a lot of cases, perpetuated stigma and misconceptions around what it’s like to experience a mental health condition. Instead of having a positive effect, these representations were having a not-so-great effect.”
Podcast Episode You’ll Love
- The Andrew Goodman Foundation is on Mission to Make Young Voices a Powerful Force in Democracy | We speak with Alexandria Harris, President of The Andrew Goodman Foundation, about her mission to make young voices and votes a powerful force in democracy.
Leading the Way
Learn more about how Gifts for Good is using socially conscious products to disrupt the $100 million market of corporate gifting from Laura Hertz, co-founder and CEO, here.
What’s Inspiring Us
- How Businesses Can Address Employee Burnout (B the Change) | Employee burnout is a real issue. So, what can organizations do to address it?
- Help Your Employees Who Are Anxious About Returning to the Office (HBR) | As a manager how do you help people manage their return-to-work anxiety? Several experts weigh in.
- How to answer the age-old question: Could this meeting have been an email? (Fast Company) | We’ve all attended meetings that could have been skipped entirely. Before you schedule another one, do us all a favor and consider these four factors.
- Social Impact Summer Connector | July 29 | Be Social Change’s annual online facilitated networking party, connecting purpose-driven professionals driving impact around the world.
- Cultivating Intentional Workplace Communities | August 12 | This Bioneers-hosted 2-hour conversation is a step toward cultivating a nourishing and intentional workplace where safety, inclusivity, emotional health, equality, and justice are available to everyone.
- SPECTRUM21 Virtual: Color of Money | September 22 | A half-day event on the importance of finance and race with a range of conversations focused on the need to diversify fund managers, a call for more investment in Black and Brown entrepreneurs and closing the wealth gap.
- Sustainable Brands 2021 | October 18-21 | Taking place in San Diego, SB’21 offers inspiration, resources, and guidance toward unlocking the power of regenerative business.
Product of the Week: Āthr Beauty Joshua Tree Palette
This pigment-packed shadow palette contains all-natural ingredients, comes in recyclable packaging, and is created by a company that prioritizes care for animals, people, and the planet.
Causeartist is a multi media company spotlighting impact entrepreneurs, impact startups, and corporate social responsibility.