In episode 87 of the Disruptors for GOOD podcast, I speak with Sebastiaan van der Lans, founder of WordProof, on using blockchain technology to create a more transparent and trusted internet for creators, publishers, and entrepreneurs.
Sebastiaan van der Lans has a big heart for open source. In 2006 he co-founded Amsterdam’s first WordPress agency ‘Van Ons’, which is a leading digital agency now, serving over 100M page views a year. In 2019, Sebastiaan founded WordProof, the winner of Europe’s ‘Blockchains for Social Good’ contest 2020. Sebastiaan has a strong passion for improving the playing fields of publishing, SEO, and e-commerce. Solutions by his teams are actively being used by over 100.000 organizations. Let’s build the Trusted Web, together!
WordProof brings the benefits of Blockchain to the world of content in a user-friendly way.
The first product is “WordProof Timestamp”.
– Time-stamp any WordPress content to the Blockchain
– Prove authenticity and integrity
WordProof Timestamp is available in the WordPress.org Plugin repository.
Make your website more effective by being transparent towards your visitors.
Consumers have trust issues online. In an era of fake news, hacks and political activity across all platforms, trust seems more important than ever. “We can be trusted” does not cut it anymore: proving trust is the way forward.
WordProof Timestamp enables individuals, companies and enterprises to prove trust. Be transparent about what happens to the content on your website with the benefits of blockchain. Consumers’ trust will follow, making your brand more effective.
Extra Insurance on Ownership
The sooner your company starts timestamping content, the sooner you claim ownership and responsibility. You can claim absolute ownership by publishing content to the blockchain: no one can claim they were first.
WordProof’s Shopify app will be live before the end of the year. Follow them online to be the first to know.
Listen to more Causeartist podcast here.
- Kane Footwear is Creating a More Sustainable Shoe for Athletes Through Plant Based Foam
- Flora Raises $9M to Build a Technology-Driven Sustainable E-commerce Platform
- George McGraw, Founder of DigDeep Discusses the Affects of Water Poverty on Millions in the United States
- Meet Allégorie, the Impact Fashion Brand Turning Unused Fruits Into Stylish Backpacks and Handbags
- 10 Best Udacity Free Courses to Help on Your Entrepreneurship Journey