In episode 5 of the Impact India podcast, I connect with Darshana Gajare of FairTrunk, a platform promoting conscious brands, driving community awareness & engagement, and consulting for emerging sustainable businesses within fashion and lifestyle. Darshana also leads Communications for Fashion Revolution India, a global movement that demands greater transparency in the fashion supply chain.
Darshana believes that sustainability is truly rooted in how our ancestors lived, it’s just about looking back and replicating it. In this episode, Darshana dives into how a documentary inspired her to start her venture, how she went from living on Primark while studying in London to owning only a few key swapped clothing items, and her work with Lakme Fashion Week through Fashion Revolution.
Tune in to learn:
- Why Darshana thinks India has become “a slave to the west”
- Resources available through Fairtrunk as an emerging fashion brand wanting to incorporate sustainable practices
- How to start living a more conscious and minimalist lifestyle (and why you should!)
- Meet the Sustainable Cooler Startup Leading the Transition From Plastic Foam to Natural Fiber Packaging
- Retirement Planning, ESG Investing, & Mental Health Awareness
- Meet Steward, the Innovative Online Lending Platform Helping Fund the Growth of Regenerative Agriculture
- ESG & the Transformation of Business Education in the Fashion Industry
- 5 Ethical Coffee Brands You Can Shop Online
Jazz is one of the leading pioneers of the zero waste travel movement in India and the Director of Content at Causeartist. She is the co-founder of Hara House, India's first zero waste guesthouse, and Director of Hara World, an experiential education and impact travel organization for diverse young changemakers. Jazz is deeply passionate about empowering young people to become confident and knowledgeable leaders for sustainable development, zero waste living, conscious fashion, and responsible travel. She is a co-founder of Sustainable Travel Network, and host of the Impact India podcast.. Connect with Jazz at email@example.com