In episode 65 of the Disruptors for GOOD podcast, I speak with Garik Himebaugh, founder of Eco-Stylist on going from peace worker, to MBA student, to discovering social entrepreneurship and creating a sustainable fashion marketplace for men.
Eco-Stylist is an online marketplace for eco-conscious and ethically made men’s clothing. Founded to answer one simple question: “can sustainable be dapper?” — Eco-Stylist finds you clothes that look as good as the values they represent.
Who wants to wear clothes made with child labor and toxic chemicals? Not you. Not us. From organic cotton oxfords to zero waste hats and sunglasses made from recycled plastic bottles, everything at Eco-Stylist is eco-friendly, socially responsible, and ethically sourced.
At Eco-Stylist all ethical and sustainable brands are first researched with Remake’s sustainable brand criteria. This framework looks at the brand’s impact on both people and the environment. Through this framework the company thoroughly researches all of the brands on the platform, measuring the brand’s environmental and social impact. Finding sustainably and ethically made clothes can be hard work, Eco-Stylist makes it easy!
Things we mention:
- Partnership with Remake’s sustainable criteria
- How Allbirds can do better
- Taylor Stitch
- Adelante Shoe Co
Listen to more Causeartist podcasts here.
- Meet Steward, the Innovative Online Lending Platform Helping Fund the Growth of Regenerative Agriculture
- ESG & the Transformation of Business Education in the Fashion Industry
- 5 Ethical Coffee Brands You Can Shop Online
- Is Your Retirement Plan Invested According to Your Values? A Look at ESG Investing and Better Retirement Plan Options
- Beer, Bread, Brushes, & Becoming an Impact Entrepreneur
Grant is the founder of Causeartist, one of the most influential impact business platforms in the world. Since 2013, Causeartist has been read in over 200 countries. Grant has personally interviewed over 600 impact entrepreneurs from around the world, highlighting innovations in ethical fashion, climate change, ethical technology, impact investing, and sustainable travel.