In episode 5 of the Investing in Impact podcast, I speak with Joshua Haynes, Managing Partner at Masawa Fund on working in 35 countries, speaking 7 languages, and using natural medicine, technology, and workplace wellness to help billions of people live impactful lives in the global economy.
Joshua’s story and path is incredibly powerful. He overcame depression, anxiety, and an eating disorder. Tough childhood raised on welfare by a single mother = grit + perseverance.
He displays over 20 years leading curation at the nexus of innovation, technology, and social impact. He served as a Peace Corps Volunteer, data analyst, software developer, consultant, digital product + service designer.
Joshua also served as a Diplomat in the Obama Administration (USAID), managed $190M in impact grant funding for the US & Swedish Govs, pioneered new impact partnership types and ways of working.
Degrees from Boston University (Finance); The Fletcher School, Tufts University (MBA).
Masawa is the mental wellness impact fund. Through a laser focus on financial viability, social impact maximization, and founder resilience + organizational health, we nurture capital to nurture minds.
Masawa invests in organizations with products proven to directly or indirectly result in improved mental wellness:
- Natural healing approaches: nutrition, exercise, natural medicine, mindfulness, etc.
- Technology-accelerated recovery: software and hardware innovations
- Workplace wellness: approaches to impact people where they spend the most time
Listen to more Causeartist podcasts here.
- Fair Trade Skin Care: How Shea Yeleen Offers Five Times Ghana’s Minimum Wage to Women-Owned Cooperatives
- How the Future of Sustainable Mineral Exploration will Power the Electric Vehicle Revolution
- Meet the World’s First Green Digital Asset, a Carbon Credit-Backed Token
- Investment Banker Turned Social Entrepreneur Left his Career to Design Innovative Clothing for Cancer Patients
- The Journey to Create a New Standard of Mental Wellness Through Unique Psychedelic Therapeutics and Treatment
Causeartist is a multi media company spotlighting impact entrepreneurs, impact startups, and corporate social responsibility.