In episode 45 of the Disruptors for GOOD podcast, I speak with Martin Johnston, Co-founder of Crafted Society on raising over $1 million to disrupt the luxury goods market with transparency and social responsibility.
Martin spent the last 20+ years running global operations for companies like Nautica, Tommy Hilfiger, Adidas, and Toms. After taking some time away from the industry to reflect on his purpose, he and his wife started Crafted Society.
Both Martin and Lise have a long and decorated resume of working in fashion, and in 2016 decided to leave the corporate world behind them, to create a luxury fashion brand which championed their own values of transparency, sustainability and social responsibility.
Crafted Society is redefining what a luxury brand is and should be. Crafted Society was born out of a passion to create exquisite hand crafted products with the most talented artisans of Italy. And also use the products as a vehicle for positive social impact while helping to preserve authentic and traditional craftsmanship.
To preserve the crafts the artisans must transfer their knowledge to the next generation but this is an increasingly difficult task, mainly due to the ‘secrecy’ which has surrounded these talented humans for decades. Crafted Society decided it was time to challenge convention, the founder decided it was time for TRANSPARENCY to triumph over secrecy.
- Fair Trade Skin Care: How Shea Yeleen Offers Five Times Ghana’s Minimum Wage to Women-Owned Cooperatives
- How the Future of Sustainable Mineral Exploration will Power the Electric Vehicle Revolution
- Meet the World’s First Green Digital Asset, a Carbon Credit-Backed Token
- Investment Banker Turned Social Entrepreneur Left his Career to Design Innovative Clothing for Cancer Patients
- The Journey to Create a New Standard of Mental Wellness Through Unique Psychedelic Therapeutics and Treatment
Founder of Causeartist and Impact Recipe // Social Entrepreneur