Amy Smith joined TOMS in 2016 as Chief Giving Officer to oversee all aspects of TOMS Giving.
This entails managing 70+ global giving partners, measuring giving program impact, experiential engagement with internal and external partners, and leading employee Giving Trips to the regions where the company gives.
TOMS provides shoes, sight, and water as part of their Giving Partners overall health and education programs to help drive meaningful impact and engage the community
Amy also manages the impact grants program, in which the company contributes to non-profits that are working on today’s most pressing issues, including homelessness and ending gun violence.
Amy was previously the Chief Strategy Officer and President of Action Networks for Points of Light, the world’s largest organization dedicated to volunteer service.
Prior to joining Points of Light, Amy held several management positions at Apple helping to lead their retail initiative including international real estate development, store design, construction execution and store operations. Amy earned a bachelor’s degree in Materials and Logistics Management from Michigan State University.
This episode was recorded at TOMS headquarters in Los Angeles, CA. I was fortunate enough to attend the Conscious Capitalism LA(CCLA) fireside chat with Amy. The night was hosted by Conscious Capitalism LA and B Local Los Angeles, the affiliation of Los Angeles B Corporations.
This episode will have a couple of parts. The first part you will hear the full discussion between between CCLA Board Member, Steve Phillips, and Amy Smith, as they discuss:
- The decision to extend their corporate impact by stepping into the political landscape with their End Gun Violence Campaign
- The evolution of philanthropy models
- Why the brand became certified as a B Corp after they were already established as a leader in the Corporate Social Innovation space
The second part of this episode I sit down with Amy one on one after the event for a brief interview.
- The 6 Best Skillshare Courses for a Minimalistic and Zero Waste Lifestyle
- The 8 Best Allbirds Shoes and Sneakers(Allbirds Review)
- The Indosole Mission to Become the Most Sustainable Footwear Company in the World
- The 8 Best Pura Vida Bracelets With Style and Uniqueness
- What is a Social Enterprise? The New Wave of Business for Good
Grant is the founder of Causeartist, one of the most influential impact business platforms in the world. Since 2013, Causeartist has been read in over 150 countries. Grant has personally interviewed 700+ impact entrepreneurs from around the world, highlighting innovations in ethical fashion, climate change, ethical technology, impact investing, and sustainable travel.